King Tut, the footballer Pharaoh, is the official Mascot for 2019 AFCON, underway in Egypt from...
Uganda Archery Federation (UAF)
Archery is the practice or skill of using a bow to shoot arrows. It involves the use of a stringed bow to propel arrows towards a target. The object is to shoot your arrows as close to the centre of the target as possible.
There are many forms of Archery though Target archery is the most popular and Olympic recognizable form. Others include Para archery, Field archery, 3D archery, Flight and clout archery, Ski and run archery.
Rules of the Game:
• Athletes may not raise the bow arm until the signal to start is given.
• An arrow cannot be re-shot under any circumstances. The arrow may be considered not to have been shot if it falls from the bow or misfires, or if the target blows or falls over.
• An arrow that rebounds or hangs from the target will still score based on the mark it makes on the target face.
• Athletes can be disqualified, have points deducted or be banned from competition for various breaches of rules, based on the severity of the offence.
• If equipment is damaged, appeals can be made to the judge for such equipment to be replaced or fixed, and any time allowances will be at the judge’s discretion.
To Score, you add up the number of points based on where your arrows hit the target. The highest score for a single arrow is 10 for hitting the inner gold ring, while the least (for hitting the outer white ring) is one point.
The maximum time permitted to shoot an end of three arrows is two minutes, and four minutes for an end of six arrows.
The Equipment used include a bow, arrow, riser and two flexible limbs each ending in a tip with a string nock. Finger protection (including tape or gloves) may be used, as are chest protectors, arm guards for safety and protection.
Archery in Uganda:
In Uganda, the sport of archery was introduced by the late Onegi P’Minga. Uganda Archery Federation is the body registered with National Council of Sports to promote the sport of archery in Uganda and is affiliated to the international body, World Archery Federation in Switzerland.
Mr. Richard Macbond Assimwe
Dr. Robert Zavuga
P.O. Box 2610 Kampala
F: +256 414342010
W: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org