King Tut, the footballer Pharaoh, is the official Mascot for 2019 AFCON, underway in Egypt from...
GUIDELINES ON HOSTING INTERNATIONAL SPORTS EVENTS AND PARTICIPATION OF NATIONAL TEAMS IN REGIONAL, CONTINENTAL AND GLOBAL SPORTS EVENTS
HEADS OF NATIONAL SPORTS ASSOCIATIONS/ FEDERATIONS
Pursuant to Article 3, (vi) which states “Subject to the general or specific directions of the Minister, the Council shall have sole management of the property, policy and activities of the Council”, therefore considering the above, the following management guidelines have been issued for immediate implementation by National Council of Sports (NCS) and National Sports Federations as follows: -
1. No national sports team should participate in any regional or international sports event without the knowledge, involvement and clearance of the National Council of Sports.
2. Where teams are required to travel abroad, concerned NSFs officials should plan, and provide in writing to National Council of Sports availability of adequate resources to facilitate the teams in terms of preparations, travel, accommodation, participations fees, membership and affiliation, allowances etc.
3. No national sports team should bid to host an international or regional sports event without the involvement and approval of the National Council of Sports or the Ministry of Education and Sports. Where international sports events are to be hosted in the country, government must be involved in the bidding process and agree to the hosting in writing, subject to confirmation of adequate resources for the activity. This would ideally call for the setting up of a National/Local Organizing Committee to plan and budget for the activity.
4. For all travels abroad for National teams for any international sports events, National Council of Sports should be notified in writing and a representative of Government of Uganda is appointed to lead the team.
5. For all funded travels by government, the national airline carrier “the Uganda Airlines” should be used for air travel respectively to the available destinations on schedule.
6. For all travels by NSFs representative teams and officials, copies of all relevant vaccination cards, yellow fever and covid test should be submitted on time to warrant clearance processes by National Council of Sports.
7. In line with the Cabinet resolution and minutes no. 64 (CT 2020), all potential NSFs/As with interest to host any of sports events in Uganda shall be required to notify NCS and submit all relevant dossiers for further management and clearance by the Ministry of Education and Sports.
THE NCS CIRCULAR ON THE GUIDELINES IS BELOW: