King Tut, the footballer Pharaoh, is the official Mascot for 2019 AFCON, underway in Egypt from...
JOSHUA CHEPTEGEI AND JACOB KIPLIMO TO LEAD TEAM UGANDA TO WORLD ATHLETICS HALF MARATHON CHAMPIONSHIPS ON 17TH OCTOBER 2020 IN POLAND
Ugandan duo of Joshua Cheptegei and Jacob Kiplimo will lead Team Uganda to the World Athletics Half Marathon Championships on 17th October 2020 in Gdynia, Poland.
World Champion Joshua Cheptegei is the new world 5000m record holder at the Wanda Diamond League meeting in Monaco 12:35.36 and is targeting another triumph in the 10,000m event on 7 October before heading to Poland.
Jacob Kiplimo only recently won the 3000m at the Wanda Diamond League meeting in Rome in a world-leading 7:26.64 to set a new Uganda National record. Prior to this, Jacob won the 5000m at the World Athletics Continental Tour meeting in Ostrava with a Personal Best of 12:48.63.
The duo are the medal favorites in Poland and will be are joined by Moses Kibet, Stephen Kissa and Abel Chebet in the men’s event, while the women’s team shall comprise of Juliet Chekwel, Doreen Chemutai, Doreen Chesang, Rachael Zena Chebet.
TEAM UGANDA PROFILES:
• World Records: 5K, 15K, 5000M
• 2019 IAAF World Championships in Qatar- Gold
• 2019 IAAF World Cross Country Championships in Aarhus- Gold
• 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast- 2 Gold
• 2017 IAAF World Championships in London- Gold
• 2015 Africa U20 Championships in Addis Ababa-Gold
• 2014 IAAF World U20 Championships in Oregon-Gold
• 3000M National Record
• 2019 World Cross Country Championships in Aarhus-Silver
• 2018 World Under20 Championships in Tampere-Silver
• 2017 World Cross Country Championships (Juniors) in Kampala- Gold
• 2016 World Under20 Championships in Bydgoszcz-Bronze
• 2009 World Under20 Championships in Amman -Bronze
• 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games in Pune- Gold
• 10,000m, Half Marathon and Marathon National Record
• 2018 Commonwealth Half Marathon, Cardiff-Gold
• 2018 Commonwealth Half Marathon, Cardiff- Bronze
• 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games, Pune-Silver