King Tut, the footballer Pharaoh, is the official Mascot for 2019 AFCON, underway in Egypt from...
NEW NCS BOARD (2020-2022) LED BY DR. DONALD RUKARE INAUGURATED
The Minister of Sports, Honorable Denis Hamison Obua on 06th March 2020 inaugurated the New National Council of Sports Board to serve for a two year term from February 2020 to 2022.
The New Board referred to as the Council is headed by Dr. Donald Rukare as the Chairman of the Board. Dr. Rukare is also the Secretary General of Uganda Olympic Committee and President of Uganda Swimming Federation and brings on board vast experience is sports administration and management having served in various positions nationally and Internationally. On the International sphere, Dr. Rukare is the Vice President of African Swimming Federation (CANA), President of CANA Zone III and Vice-Chair of the Legal Commission of the Association of African National Olympic Committees (ANOCA).
Dr. Rukare takes over from Mr. Bosco Onyik who served in the same capacity for the last 7 years (2013-2020).
The Minister of Sports during the inauguration ceremony tasked the new board to come up with new ideas to develop sports and end wrangles in National sports federations.
The Full Composition of the dynamic new NCS Board/Council includes:
1. Dr. Donald Rukare - Chairman
2. Dr. George William Galiwango - Member
3. Mr. Stephen Asiimwe - Member
4. Mr. Paul Luswata - Member
5. Mr. Andrew Otengo Owiny - Member
6. Ms. Pilaya Evelyn Gloria - Member
7. Mr. Mark Ssali - Member
8. Mrs. Agatha Namirembe Arembe- Member
9. Ms. Cecilia Anyakoit - Member
10. Ms. Grace Abalo - Member
11. Hajji. Zubairi Galiwango – Member
12. Dr. Patrick B. Ogwel- Ex. Official/General Secretary
The new board pledged to ably serve and bring development to the sports sector.