King Tut, the footballer Pharaoh, is the official Mascot for 2019 AFCON, underway in Egypt from...
Uganda Handball Federation (UHF)
Handball is a team sport in which two teams of seven players each pass a ball using their hands with the aim of throwing it into the goal of the other team. The object of handball is to score more points than your opponent.
Handball is commonly played indoors but there are other variations such as field handball and beach handball that are played outdoors. Handball is played by both men and women.
Rules of the Game:
• Outfield players can touch the ball with any part of their body that is above the knee.
• Once a player receives possession, they can pass, hold possession or shoot.
• If a player holds possession, they can dribble or take three steps for up to three seconds without dribbling.
• Only the goalkeeper is allowed to come into contact with the floor of the goal area.
• Goalkeepers are allowed out of the goal area but must not retain possession if they are outside the goal area.
Players and Equipment:
Handball is played on a court 40 by 20 metres (131 ft 2.80 in × 65 ft 7.40 in), with a goal in the centre of each end.
The standard handball games features 7 players on each side, 6 outfield players and one goalkeeper. A team will also have 7 substitutes, which can be used on a rolling basis and with no need to notify the referee.
The ball must be made from leather or synthetic material.
A handball game lasts for a duration of 60 minutes, split into two periods of 30 minutes each with a 15 minutes interval.
Handball in Uganda:
Uganda Handball Federation is the body mandated to promote the sport of Handball in Uganda and is registered with National Council of Sports and internationally affiliated to the International Handball Federation (IHF) in Switzerland.
Ms. Sheila Richardson Agonzibwa
Mr. Augustine Mugalu
Plot 80, William Street
P. O. Box 40218, Kampala, Uganda
T: +256 414668593