King Tut, the footballer Pharaoh, is the official Mascot for 2019 AFCON, underway in Egypt from...
Mr. Mark Ssali
COUNCIL MEMBER (2020-2022)
Mr. Mark Ssali is product of St. Mary's College Kisubi and is a holder of a Bachelor of Forestry degree from Makerere University and a Master of Business Administration degree from the East, Central and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI) headquartered in Arusha, Tanzania. He is also a holder of several courses in the areas of journalism, communication, public relations, management and leadership from institutions in Uganda, South Africa, Europe and the USA.
Mr. Ssali's working career has included the following:
- 10 years as reporter, columnist and editor at the Daily Monitor Newspaper in Uganda, part of the National Media Group. That involved covering events in Uganda, on the African continent and all parts of the globe.
- 22 years as anchor, commentator and analyst on radio in Uganda. He continues to do so on the international airwaves of BBC.
- 20 years and counting as an anchor, commentator and analyst on both Ugandan and international television out of Kampala, the capital cities of all the East African nations, Johannesburg, South Africa nd London in the United Kingdom.
- 8 years and counting as head of communication and public relations in such institutions as the Privatization Unit in Ministry of Finance, Kinyara Sugar Corporation, and the Uganda National Roads Authority.
- 3 years as member of the Advisory Board of Express Football Club, sitting on the Technical, Media and Marketing Committees.
Mr. Ssali's sporting career has involved the following:
- 7 years as a player in the national football league with top fight clubs Nsambya, SC Villa, Diary Corporation and Villa International
- 7 years as a player and captain in the national basketball league and for the senior national team, representing Uganda in regional and continental competitions.
- 8 years as a competitor in swimming, volleyball and table tennis in high school and at the university, representing Uganda in regional competitions.